Cannabis Tinctures for Anxiety, Insomnia and Depression

Every day in my office I see and speak with patients who have tried the sativa tinctures I have spoken about in prior blogs.

With some of the new and improved tinctures, patients are reporting that their daytime anxiety/depression is well managed with just a few “sprays” of tincture under their tongue. They never get buzzed, high or stoned. It is NOT that they could not use a few more sprays and get very stoned, it is just that they are using the tincture as their medicine.

These same patients tell me that in general, if they are smoking it is to kick back and relax – ?? recreational?? At the same time, they view the tincture administration as their medicine.

So, is it possible that perhaps cannabis for recreation might be smoked or vaped or eaten; but for controlled medicinal use “tincting” is the way to go.

We can get into an endless debate whether relaxing and “chilling” with smoked cannabis is a crime, recreational use or actually treating anxiety and depression – the hallmarks of our society?? :(

-- Download Cannabis Tinctures for Anxiety, Insomnia and Depression as PDF --

This entry was posted in medical marijuana and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Cannabis Tinctures for Anxiety, Insomnia and Depression

1. Andi says:

I must say that I have suffered from PTSD since I was a young child. I manage it by getting a lot of regular exercise: 50 mile bike rides, working out regularly, skiing, kayaking, et cetera. Having this sports related adrenaline dumps works well, except when it doesn’t.

I have difficulty controlling obsessive worrying, feelings that something terrible is going to happen, being afraid of leaving the house, and a general sense that things are not okay. I have a very difficult time feeling peaceful, and it really affects the quality of my life.

I have tried antianxiety drugs, and with each one I have gained an exuberant amount of weight. I’m talking up to 30 pounds. For someone who rides 50 miles four or more times a week — well, that’s just crazy.

I have been using tincture for the past three months. I have never felt better. I am not “stoned”, and it does not interfere with my ability to ski like a rock star off the chutes or bike in heavy traffic. It just has miraculously turned off that constant stream of negative thoughts that plague me no matter how I try to quell them.

The last drug I took was Pristiqi over a year ago. I couldn’t lose 15 of the 30 pounds I had packed on. I was working with a nutritionist and nothing was helping. Since I was starting using tincture, I have lost the rest of the weight and finally have my 6-pack back. My energy is through the roof, and I feel so peaceful and positive.

I have never used drugs in my whole life. My point being, if you are thinking of ditching your antidepressants for tincture, I would certainty endorse the idea.

2. Culbert says:

I’ve read a few of the content articles on your blog now, and I adore your style of writing a blog. I added it to my favorites web-site list and checking again shortly.

3. You are so sweet. Just as I was typing “are”, i starting using just “r” as in our text messages. I wonder how the etiquette will evolve? I THINK that soon between friends we can use this cool shortcuts but we PROBABLY will keep the long text version for business; however you never know. I mean, “Family Guy” is on Channel 11. Who would have thought.

Anyway, thanks for the support. I am really upbeat and confident 99% of the time, but sometimes all the “shitty” part of fighting for my right to use medical cannabis becomes a drag and it would be nice to have someone to hug and be hugged by without judgment. I do believe I am doing the right things and ultimately, although it could take a century, I will be vindicated for wanting to bring simple plant tinctures to anyone who can benefit. Pretty crazy – right? Thanks again, Allan

4. Bench Saw · says:

anxiety depression is really an evil disease, it can really worsen your great life `

5. They really are horrible and so very common. It is great that we have both allopathic (Western) and cannabis medications that help so much. Have you tried Sativa Tinctures?

6. Wet Saw  says:

anxiety and depression are really evils of my life, they make my life miserable;~’

7. You are 100% correct. It is just because these human symptoms are so very common that we should be using the SAFEST medication possible. Generally cannabis works great and if you read my blog, you will know that generally these are best treated with sativa based tinctures. The more serious drugs should be saved for when cannabis fails.

8. anxiety and depression are two of the most evil sickness in the world, it is next to Cancer and AIDS`.-

9. Thank you for your comment. I am actually not certain what you mean. In fact, I believe that is many situations patients can treat their anxiety and mood issues without seeing a physician. Even though annual renewals are required for cannabis, I believe a patient can learn how to use cannabis by themselves. I am quite certain that millions of people are using cannabis to help their lives and have never seen a physician. I am certainly not saying that all physicians are worthless. :) Personally, I think I do help patients a lot by educating them.

10. Noah James says:

anxiety and depression are hard to treat if the patient has not been checked for years.’.:

11. Joshua Brown says:

Anxiety and depression is one hell of a nasty disease. even if you have everything but if you have clinical depression, you are still nothing.’,.

12. mike says:

I like your style. I prefer to consider the “chilling” to be a delightful side effect of not being freaked out.