I generally never edit older posts, but have found that is is important to add some comments with regard to significant changes in the Cannabis Medicine Tincture’s available, at least in the Los Angeles area. The cost of professionally made CBD Rich tinctures for anxiety, manifestations of anxiety, pain, particularly neuritic and many other conditions, CBD based or “Cannabidiol” based tinctures and capsules are the future and have in fact become the present. As using CO2 extraction is not for patients at home – yet – I suggest you check out some of these tinctures at some local collectives.
As the CO2 extraction process is nearly 100% efficient, the cost ends up being not much different than making it yourself. Also, unless you find some rich CBD or flowers, it will just be a THC extraction, which is good, but just not great. It is well worth checking into if you are dealing with anxiety or pain. For Multiple Sclerosis and many degenerative neurological disorders, CBD is truly a miracle.
For the cost of a movie, popcorn and a drink you can now give it a go. I really think it is well worth few bucks and trip.
At the same time, I do want to make available to as many patients possible methods to create their own very high quality tincture, as independence from any legal restrictions may at some times, interfere with availability. To that end, have fun and don’t burn the stuff. Also, consider dropping by a couple of cc’s for testing. I can help get your sample tested for THC/CBD and the efficiency of decarboxylation for $50. I wish it were free, but this is a very fair price and we will all learn much.
1 oz shake – select either sativa or indica
8 oz vegetable glycerin
1. Grind shake in coffee grinder
2. Mix ground shake into the glycerin. If overly thick, add water as necessary. They will easily mix.
3. Place into oven at 200 degress for 45 min DON’T GO ANY HIGHER TEMP THAN THIS
4. Take out of oven and let sit and cool for one hour
5. Place into crock pot and set on “keep warm”. MAKE SURE YOUR CROCK HAS A KEEP WARM SETTING.
6. “Keep warm” for 12 hours
7. Remove and strain thru cheese cloth as many times as needed (usually around 3 strainings)
8. DON’T BURN YOUR MOUTH. MAKE SURE IT IS COOL BEFORE BOTTLING into spray or dropper bottles
9. Generally 1/2 dropper bottle or 3 spritzes are adequate.
10. If too strong, dilute with water.