I have been, as we all have, been following what is happening in Washington and Colorado. I was thinking what I would say if someone were to ask me how should adult “recreational” cannabis be managed? At first, I really didn’t think I had much to say regarding adult recreational cannabis outlets. Then I thought about it.
“Medical Cannabis” has been wildly out of control without many standards. Legal cannabis consultants are right now deciding how it should be best managed and want to come up with rational ideas.
I feel it should be managed exactly the same as MEDICAL CANNABIS should have been handled in the first place:
1. Testing of all strains to be smoked
2. Labeling of smoked cannabis with information regarding mg THC/gram and suggested ranges.
3. Go big into dosed cannabis medicine! Dispensaries and doctors are closing down as legalization occurs. This has always been predictable as the doctors and dispensaries rarely have much special to offer.
4. So, as the MAINSTREAM populace continues to learn about CBD and dosed medicines, MANY patients will go into these outlets to obtain CBD and dosed cannabis.
5. Just because it is “recreational/adult”, does not mean the standards should be less and this is an opportunity to show others what CAN be done.
6. The mainstream market will gobble up CBD products and may be greater than the customers that consume only smoked products.
7. Promote products such as CBD 1 cc products for THC intoxication??
This could be an example of how medical and recreational are so integrated that ultimately distinctions become unimportant.