WHERE DID ALL THE CANNABIS OIL GO?

When any form of cannabis oil extraction is performed, the theory is simply separating the plant material from the “medicinal oil”. Whether done by CO2 extraction, butane, alcohol, etc, an average typical extraction obtains an oil that is similar to the following examples:

_________________THC           CBD            CBG           TOTAL % OF CANNABINOIDS

SAMPLE 1:               68%            2%             0.5%                          70.5%

SAMPLE 2:               40%           30%             0                               70%

SAMPLE 3:               60%             3%             1.5%                         64.5%

 

So, it should be clear that we have a high THC oil, a high CBD oil and a 1.5:1, CBD:THC. These values are after decarboxylation, so before any decarboxylation, the values would mostly be the Acid form of the cannabinoid molecules.

The sort of obvious, but interesting question is why do the total cannabinoid %’s run 60-70%? What is going on in the other 30% or so?

This 1/3 of the oil is made up of major and minor cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, plant waxes, carbohydrates and many other molecules. These are all important and are what makes Whole Plant medicine or as we said “WP-CBD/THC”. There are a LOT of molecules in the plant. It is complex. We have identified all the molecules – or should I say folks in Israel have isolated just over 1000 unique molecules.

We can measure so few right now. We will get much better.

At the end of the day, WP-cannabis is the best medicine.

Author
Allan Frankel, MD Dr Allan Frankel is one of the few physicians in the US who truly understands Cannabis as a medicine. All treatments suggested have been well studied. Every patient seen by Dr Frankel is given a personally created Treatment Plan created with the patient's specific issues defined. Plant medicine requires "tuning" of the dosing. Dr Frankel works with his patients thru a messaging portal. The use of this portal, allows quick and simple follow up contact with Dr Frankel. Patients are not charged for these messages, as this is how Dr Frankel has learned what he has learned. Follow up appointments in person or by phone/video are also available when needed

You Might Also Enjoy...

Rationing Health Care

With COVID, we have never been more aware of critical shortages of masks, ventilators, hospital beds, etc., all leading to rationing. In this BLOG, Dr Frankel, examines how rationing in our medical care is a much bigger problem than just face masks.

Cannabis May Prevent COVID-19 Infections

Early studies in both Israel and Canada show findings consistent with CBD's effect on COVID-19's ability to take hold in the lungs or the gastrointestinal tract. If the receptors are reduced, the viral infection and pulmonary toxicity should be reduced.